freedom
Son of Serpent Esq
2008-11-24 06:22:32 UTC
Oh lord won't you buy me a...
Stell
2008-11-25 00:51:28 UTC
Son of Serpent Esq wrote:
:: Oh lord won't you buy me a...

a Mercedes Benz
Son of Serpent Esq
2008-11-25 01:27:14 UTC
Post by Stell
:: Oh lord won't you buy me a...
a Mercedes Benz
I miss Janis... she really had soul. The freedom part is from a
different song she did with Kris Kristofferson. One of my favs!

Were those the good ol' days or what? Hey feeling good was good
enough for me...

OK sing it Janis!

Busted flat in Baton Rouge, waitin' fer a train
When I's feeling nearly faded as my jeans
Bobby thumbed a diesel down, just before it rained
And rode us all the way to New Orleans
I pulled my harpoon out of my dirty red bandana
I's playing soft while Bobby sung the blues, n-yeah
Windshield wipers slapping time I's, holding Bobby's hand in mine
We sang every song that driver knew

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to loose
Nothing, I mean nothing honey if it ain't free, no no
Yeah feeling good was easy Lord when he sang the blues
You know feeling good was good enough for me
Good enough for me and my Bobby McGee.

From Kentucky coal mine to the California sun
Yeah Bobby shared the secrets of my soul
Through all kinds of weather, through everything we done
Yeah Bobby baby kept me from the cold world
One day a near Selina Lord, I let him slip away
He's lookin' for that home, and I hope he finds it
But I'd trade all of my tomorrows for one single yesterday
To be holdin' Bobby's body next to mine

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to loose
Nothing, and that's all that Bobby left me, yeah
But feeling good was easy Lord when he sang the blues
Hey feeling good was good enough for me, hmm-mm
Good enough for me and Bobby McGee.

La da la la la, la da la la la da la
La da da la la la Bobby McGee yeah
La da la la la, la da la la la da la
La da da la la la Bobby McGee yeah
La da la la la, la da la la la da la
La da da la la la Bobby McGee yeah
Lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo
Lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo
Lo lo lo lo lo lo Bobby McGee
Lo lo lo lo lo lo Bobby McGee

Lord I called him my lover, I called him my man
I said called him my lover just the best I can and c'mon
And and a Bobby oh, and a Bobby McGee yeah
Lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo
Hey hey hey Bobby McGee, lord.

La da la la la, la da la la la la la
Hey hey hey Bobby McGee yeah
Stell
2008-11-25 02:46:58 UTC
Son of Serpent Esq wrote:
:: Stell wrote:
::: Son of Serpent Esq wrote:
::::: Oh lord won't you buy me a...
:::
::: a Mercedes Benz
::
:: I miss Janis... she really had soul. The freedom part is from a
:: different song she did with Kris Kristofferson. One of my favs!
::
:: Were those the good ol' days or what? Hey feeling good was good
:: enough for me...
::

Lord yes! She was the best......a little wacko but the best. I loved Bette
Miller in the Rose.

"Me and Bobby McGee" is a song written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred
Foster, originally performed by Roger Miller, but best remembered for Janis
Joplin's cover of the song, recorded a few days before her death in October
1970.

<Roger Miller??!!?? sheesh>

Some sources state that Gordon Lightfoot issued the first recorded version;
another story tells how Kristofferson popped his head into the studio with
freshly written verses as Roger Miller was recording the song. Regardless,
Miller was the first artist to have a hit with the song, peaking with it at
#12 on the US country charts in 1969. Lightfoot's version hit #13 pop, and
#1 country in his native Canada in 1970. In a 2008 autobiography, Don and
Harold Reid of the Statler Brothers say Kristofferson promised it to them,
but when they later inquired about recording it, they learned Miller had
already cut the song. The Reids say there were no hard feelings, and were
happy about Miller's success with the song. The song was later included on a
Statler Brothers album, but was not released as a single.

By far the best known recording is by Janis Joplin on her 1971 Pearl album.
Joplin's version topped the charts to become her only number one single and
only the second posthumous number one single in rock & roll history (the
first was "(Sittin' on) the Dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding). In 2004, the
Janis Joplin version of this song was ranked #148 on Rolling Stone's list of
the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.

Kristofferson performed the song live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970 and
a CD and DVD of the event were issued 30 years later as Message to Love: The
Isle of Wight Festival 1970.

In the original version of the song, Bobby is a woman; Janis Joplin, who was
a lover and a friend of Kristofferson's from the beginning of her career to
her death, changed the gender and a few of the lyrics in her cover.
Kristofferson states he did not write this song for her, but the song is
associated with her. Especially, he has said, in the line, "Somewhere near
Salinas, Lord, I let her slip away."

:: OK sing it Janis!
::
::
:: Busted flat in Baton Rouge, waitin' fer a train
:: When I's feeling nearly faded as my jeans
:: Bobby thumbed a diesel down, just before it rained
:: And rode us all the way to New Orleans
:: I pulled my harpoon out of my dirty red bandana
:: I's playing soft while Bobby sung the blues, n-yeah
:: Windshield wipers slapping time I's, holding Bobby's hand in mine
:: We sang every song that driver knew
::
:: Freedom's just another word for nothing left to loose
:: Nothing, I mean nothing honey if it ain't free, no no
:: Yeah feeling good was easy Lord when he sang the blues
:: You know feeling good was good enough for me
:: Good enough for me and my Bobby McGee.
::
:: From Kentucky coal mine to the California sun
[...]
:: Hey hey hey Bobby McGee, lord.
::
:: La da la la la, la da la la la la la
:: Hey hey hey Bobby McGee yeah
Stell
2008-11-25 02:54:30 UTC
Stell wrote:
oops meant to say that the following is from Wikipedia

::
::
:: "Me and Bobby McGee" is a song written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred
:: Foster, originally performed by Roger Miller, but best remembered
:: for Janis Joplin's cover of the song, recorded a few days before her
:: death in October 1970.
::
::
::
:: <Roger Miller??!!?? sheesh>
::
:: Some sources state that Gordon Lightfoot issued the first recorded
:: version; another story tells how Kristofferson popped his head into
:: the studio with freshly written verses as Roger Miller was recording
:: the song. Regardless, Miller was the first artist to have a hit with
:: the song, peaking with it at #12 on the US country charts in 1969.
:: Lightfoot's version hit #13 pop, and #1 country in his native Canada
:: in 1970. In a 2008 autobiography, Don and Harold Reid of the Statler
[...]
::::
::::
[...]
:::: Hey hey hey Bobby McGee, lord.
::::
:::: La da la la la, la da la la la la la
:::: Hey hey hey Bobby McGee yeah
Son of Serpent Esq
2008-11-25 06:48:09 UTC
Post by Stell
::::: Oh lord won't you buy me a...
::: a Mercedes Benz
:: I miss Janis... she really had soul. The freedom part is from a
:: different song she did with Kris Kristofferson. One of my favs!
:: Were those the good ol' days or what? Hey feeling good was good
:: enough for me...
Lord yes! She was the best......a little wacko but the best. I loved Bette
Miller in the Rose.
A little wacko? LOL but that was part of her charm. I saw that movie
and wonder if her life was really that troubled... you made me think
of another great movie; The Name of the Rose with Sean Connery and
Christian Slater. Totally different but I marked that down so next
time I'm looking through that old DVD bin at Walmart gonna get both
of them for my collection.
:: Hey hey hey Bobby McGee yeah
Stell
2008-11-25 23:56:09 UTC
Son of Serpent Esq wrote:
:: Stell wrote:
::: Son of Serpent Esq wrote:
::::: Stell wrote:
:::::: Son of Serpent Esq wrote:
:::::::: Oh lord won't you buy me a...
::::::
:::::: a Mercedes Benz
:::::
And keeping with the theme......War of the Roses was great.
Son of Serpent Esq
2008-11-26 00:41:38 UTC
Post by Stell
:::::::: Oh lord won't you buy me a...
:::::: a Mercedes Benz
::::: I miss Janis... she really had soul. The freedom part is from a
::::: different song she did with Kris Kristofferson. One of my favs!
::::: Were those the good ol' days or what? Hey feeling good was good
::::: enough for me...
::: Lord yes! She was the best......a little wacko but the best. I
::: loved Bette Miller in the Rose.
:: A little wacko? LOL but that was part of her charm. I saw that movie
:: and wonder if her life was really that troubled... you made me think
:: of another great movie; The Name of the Rose with Sean Connery and
:: Christian Slater. Totally different but I marked that down so next
:: time I'm looking through that old DVD bin at Walmart gonna get both
:: of them for my collection.
And keeping with the theme......War of the Roses was great.
LOL now yous got me thinking about a great actress; Kathleen Turner!
War of the Roses was good but Body Heat was better and Romancing the
Stone was her best... in my opinion.